NOTE: 工作中.....

November 2, 2008

First working day at Secret Recipe

1st of Nov, is the day we (6 of us) should report to Secret Recipe HQ - a place I will be for 2 months. Kai Li was here in Angkasa at 7 morning to pick me, Thurga and Yew Hume to go to office while Carmen drove Michelle came from the other direction. We arrived there at about 730 morning, waited for nearly 1 hour until 830 morning, finally someone who own the office key came.

Alright, we followed her went upstairs to office, be seated and waited again. The problem is those staffs who working on Saturday (basically they take turns to work on Sat) are not informed of our arrival, and they did not know our job scope, uniform was not prepare for QC staffs.

Before I continue my story, I think i should tell you about my job. 6 of us from UCSI have been appointed to work at Secret Recipe for 2 months internship. Among 6, 3 (Michelle, Kai Li and Yew Hume) are assigned to quality control (QC), whereby they will be working in factory, controling and assesing the quality of products. While the other 3 are placed under quality auditing (QA) department.

So, they called the person-in-charge and manager. After that, QC staffs had been brought to downstairs factory. They were so kesian that their supervisor said thing is not ready yet, so he asked them to go back home and come back only on 3rd Nov. While QA staffs included me were brought to office, show us auditing department. I asked Kak Su - the person who brought us into office, about the job scope of auditing, and she answered me like auditing is doing job like record quantity of receiving goods and sold goods in a outlet. Immediately, I turned to Carmen and asked is this related to our study?

Anyway, our QA supervisor was not there, so we could do nothing, neither them but bring us together to outlet. We took LRT, monorail to go to Pavillion ZEN restaurant to do auditing. Basically we do nothing, imagine you are sitting in a same place for 3 hours, reading the same menu, starving, that is wat we did in the morning. After that we went to second outlet - Secret Recipe opposite Time Square. They finally realised our existence and grant us to go for lunch. This time is better 'coz we get to enter the kitchen and learn to differentiate different kinds of ingredients and I found out something that I won't tell you now. I will only tell when I am about to leave Secret Recipe. We worked from 830 morning to 530 evening, a full time working hour on Saturday and walked around with high heels under hot sun are killing me...

So, basically that is all for my first working day. Haven't meet our manager yet, so many thing I can not decide now. Anyway, hoping for a better Monday! Oops..thanks Kai Li for waiting us til we finished our work, you are so so so so kind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

take it easy, enjoy ur intern ya...good luck.